Aer Lingus UX/UI/Product Design
Client: Aer Lingus
Role: UX/UI/Product Designer
Date: 2016 – Present
Tools: Sketch, Principle, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Miro.
Since February 2016, I’ve worked as a Digital Designer for the Irish airline – Aer Lingus. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with some of the most talented people I’ve ever met on a broad range of digital projects. As an in-house designer, my roles have included UX/UI Design, Product Design, Graphic Design & Illustration. My work now is focused on conversion growth, designing for accessibility, COVID-response projects and governance of a visual and behavioural consistency.
Below are some examples of my recent UX/UI work on the Aer Lingus flight booking flow. This work is the end-product of extensive evaluation, ideation, testing and iteration. You can learn more about the design process we followed here, or you can view the work on www.aerlingus.com.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- End-to-End UX/UI/Product Design: Working closely with product managers and development teams to solve user and business problems – through conception, research and analysis, design, testing and development stages
- Collaborate closely with different departments around overall product vision, design strategy, research practices and our brand design system
- Independently identify user experience gaps and opportunities within the product and pro-actively create solutions to fix them to drive continuous improvement
- Act as a design consultant for different departments to maintain design and accessibility best-practices to support informed and effective decision-making
- Support a wide range of projects from smaller, loosely defined problems and concepts to larger, strategic product development work
- Facilitate Design Sprints and Ideation workshops to generate creative solutions to known issues or opportunities
- Identify and produce the appropriate level of design artifacts for a given project that will help drive clarity within the product working group (example: customer journey map, user flow, task flow, content map, user-tests, wireframes, etc.)
- Assist Project Managers in writing new user stories and requirements as needed in partnership with the product management team to ensure all design requirements are considered and correctly documented
- Participate in regular design reviews and critique sessions with stakeholders, developers, QA’s and product management
- Produce to-spec UI Designs and Prototypes for Development teams
- Management and Governance of design standards and our Brand Design System.